Find Safe Components
OSS Index is a free catalogue of open source components and scanning tools to help developers identify vulnerabilities, understand risk, and keep their software safe.
Sign up today!
Get access to:
- Vulnerability details for your components
- Remediation insights
- Higher rate limits for API and scans
Search millions of components to find any known, publicly disclosed vulnerabilities across a wide range of ecosystems.
Search by name or by coordinates.
Scan your projects for open source vulnerabilities, and build security into your development toolchain with native tools and integrations. The following scan tools all utilize the OSS Index public REST API.
- Nancy scans Golang projects
- Cheque scans C/C++ projects
- Bach scans Composer projects
- Chelsea scans Ruby projects
- Cargo Pants scans Cargo projects
- oysteR scans R projects
- Sonatype DepShield continuously monitors GitHub projects for vulnerabilities
- Ahab scans apt and yum operating systems
- OWASP Dependency-Check is an SCA utility for scanning project dependencies
- OWASP Dependency-Track is a component analysis platform
- OSS Review Toolkit is a suite of tools to assist with reviewing dependencies
Need DevSecOps at scale?
OSS Index and the associated tools are and always will be free to the community. The data we gather is derived from public sources, and does not include human curated intelligence nor expert remediation guidance.
Software development teams who want to scale with precise, curated, and highly actionable intelligence across their entire SDLC should check out the Nexus Platform. Release faster while controlling open source risk.
Vet parts early and automatically stop defective open source components from entering your software supply chain
Manage libraries and store artifacts in a universal repository and share them across development teams
Empower teams with precise component intelligence to enforce policies and continuously remediate risk
Identify open source risk and remediate vulnerabilities with precise component intelligence at CI and deployment